Friday, January 27, 2006

It's only a whale, for fuck's sake



This is a week too late but hell. I received this from Jennifer today. It is funny because part of it is so true. Especially the piece on John Prescott. Seriously though, sad that the whale did not survive but equally bewildered by media circus that lasted till Wednesday. I did not watch the coverage on News 24 but could not escape the
bodged rescue attempt opinions on Sunday papers. Even the Evening Standard had a four page fold-out souvenir on Monday. Like what the bloody fuck!??!

Update:
BBC Magazine has the spoof article featured on their weekly quiz. Check it out.

Can you think of any other better way to waste tax payers money?
Malaysia can. Ooo... Here is another one!

6 comments:

Kat said...

I did think that the whole whale thing was blown out of proportion but I didn't say anything lest someone said that I was being cruel and all.

lol.. 'Hantu Jarang Gigi' and a crooked bridge for the 'crooked' Malaysians? Made my day. :)

Jon Choo said...

I just got the Hanty Jarang Gigi thingy after I told the story to Jennifer, who could not stop laughing.

My Malay is so crap I did not understand it. Even the Beeb correspondent knew what it was. Aduh!

But I did find the crooked Malaysian statement so bloody funny. Trust them Singaporeans to provide us with humour.

Anonymous said...

Why you soooooooooo rude?

HardiJ said...

I still don't get the thought of why it's called "Hantu Jarang Gigi" in Malay (In Indonesian, it means: Ghost with not-many-teeth)

I don't know about anyone else, but the thought of a "big foot" face smirking devilishly onto the "camera" with only few teeth left, really made me laugh for a good fifteen minutes!

Career Break Guru said...

I spoke to the BBC - they said they take a 'dim view' of people parodying their pages. This despite them putting said parody on their own site!

The entire saga is written up on my blog if you want to read it. :)

Jon Choo said...

Hmm... that is double standard. The Beeb has a history of parodying almost anything. But it was a funny piece and if there was any concern I suspect it would probably be just copyright stuff.

Keep it up btw!