Friday, August 18, 2006

New Coke Zero / Evans Cycles sale

Coca-Cola's recent marketing ad on the telly features a bunch of idiots claiming that the new Coke Zero has a taste that is indistinguishable from the classic Coke. So today, with the excuse of having a little meeting with some of Jenni's mates, I went out and bought a bottle of Coke Zero just to test it. Verdict? Bleach. The taste is closer to the hideously tasteless Diet Coke or even worse, Pepsi Max. Stick to the full fat sugar classic Coke.



Anyway I took advantage of the Evans Cycles summer sale to get some biking accessories and they delivered it today. Unfortunately the Trek Anthem Elite helmet that I ordered was packaged badly and there was a dent (caused by a D-lock). I sent the helmet back to them and requested they sent a blue one (the white is okay but isn't as nice as it looked like in the promo pic).



I also finally bought a D-lock made by German company Trelock. It is a basic shackle that comes with the worst D-lock mount I have ever seen. Jennifer's Abus Sinus is a much better lock than this and came with a better mount. But at only £13 (from £20) for a good 300mm D-lock, I guess I shouldn't complain. I wasn't even expecting a mount at first.



Jennifer got a Cannondale Mountain Long Finger glove to use during winter. She already has a Specialized BG Sport mitt for summer use.



It looks wicked!



I also decided to buy a Specialized BG Sport Pro mitt. It fits snugly and I can't wait to give it a go tomorrow over some rough terrain.





Gel pads everywhere:



I wish we both have more money! This is Jennifer's dream bike - the Kona Kula Deluxe, now on sale. Personally I love the look of this GT Avalanche Pro but ever since I spotted a Scott Ransom Limited bike outside a restaurant I always wanted to walk into Evans and bike off with it. Too bad I am not a millionaire.

Technorati tags:

No comments: