Monday, October 20, 2008

Barack Obama isn't a Muslim, but so what if he is?

Mr. Colin Powell said the most sane thing I have ever seen spouted from a Republican's mouth. I don't like him, but what he said makes so much sense that I am surprised that the Democrats haven't come up with it in the first place. “Mr. Obama is not a Muslim. He has always been a Christian. But the really right answer is what if he is? Is there anything wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America.”

While the upcoming election in the US of A isn't really our business, but since their foreign policy allows (well, encourages) them to meddle around the world anyway I think it is appropriate to chip in. As far as I am aware, the First Amendment specifically prohibits the establishment of a national religion or the preference of one religion over another or religion over none-religion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Barack! I love Barack! Clean up Washington's mess!