Monday, February 9, 2009

Battlestar Galactica: Blood on the Scales

This episode concludes the Zarek/Gaeta mutiny two-parter arc that began in The Oath. Personally I found it to be a less than satisfying episode due to the speed in which the mutiny was defeated. Do not get me wrong, I do not want to see the coup arc stretched seeing that there are only six episodes left. But I do want to see some resolution - like what will happen to Seelix, Racetrack and all the other mutineers. Hopefully such deleted scenes will make it to the DVD/Blu-Ray box-set.

Despite my issues this episode still have some great memorable scenes. Everybody will remember the performance of Mary McDonnell as a now battle hardened Laura Roslin, whose speech from the Basestar frightens Gaeta and even gains the respect from the rebel Cylons. The final conversation between Gaius Baltar and Felix Gaeta was also an effective way of saying goodbye to the traitor.

No comments: