Saturday, July 9, 2011

Samsung Galaxy S II unboxing

I have just received Samsung's flagship Galaxy S II smartphone as part of the Samsung Mobile Street Squad project (more on that later).

The Android Gingerbread-powered smartphone is solid and light. I found it to be very fast, though it doesn't actually *feel* that much quicker than say the sigle-core XPERIA Arc in the launchers. The Super AMOLED Plus screen is gorgeous. With the 'Plus' you get the advantages of a Super AMOLED screen, but with none of that PenTile Matrix nonsense. TouchWiz isn't too bad, but I've already ditched it for something a bit more practical (Zeam Launcher).

I expect I will be reviewing this bad boy in the next few weeks, but first here's a quick unboxing by yours truly - with the silent treatment (lucky you!):

No comments: